What To Look For In Cold-Wet Weather Military Boot
The best type of cold-wet weather military boot will be long-lasting, comfortable, waterproof, and importantly, keep your feet warm even in the harshest of conditions. But how do you know what to look for in a cold-weather military boot? Some of the top features you should look for include:
- Warmth - This one seems obvious, but a good cold-wet weather military boot has to keep your feet warm. A boot with Primaloft® lining, the synthetic microfibre thermal insulation developed for the US Army would be suitable. The last thing you want to be dealing with is cold toes & feet when navigating deep snow.
- Durability - Winter conditions can be variable; from muddy fields to hard-packed icy surfaces. Your winter footwear should be durable. With proper care and maintenance, quality winter boots should last you for many years to come.
- Comfort - This goes without saying for any style of footwear. Who wants blisters? Comfort should be a key factor in choosing your cold-weather military boot.
- Good Support - Just like durability, support is an important element of winter footwear, you want a boot that provides good support as you cross varied terrain.
- Waterproofing - Wintery conditions are often very wet. Waterproofing will help keep your feet dry throughout those harsh winter days.
Cold-Weather Footwear From LOWA Military Boots
Now that you know what features you should be looking for in a cold-wet weather military boot, it’s time to buy some footwear! To help make your decision easier, here are our top recommendations LOWA boots that are perfect for cold and wet winter conditions.
LOWA Mountain Boots
90 years of German craftsmanship have contributed to the LOWA Mountain Tactical Boots. These durable, hard-wearing boots are part of the Task Force collection. Made from full-grain leather, these boots provide comfort, durability and resilience in even the harshest of winter conditions. The GORE-TEX® lining will ensure your feet are kept dry. Available in black, brown and wide for both men and women, the LOWA Mountain Boots are a superb choice of footwear.
LOWA Combat Boots
The LOWA Combat Boot is one of the most popular boots in the Task Force Collection. Featuring a tall leg shaft, the LOWA Combat Boot offers stability and support in rough terrain. These boots are EN ISO 20347 certified, meaning they can offer a reasonable degree of protection against water, oil and penetrative forces. Like the Mountain Boots, the LOWA Combat Boot features a GORE-TEX® inner lining, providing that additional layer of protection against cold and wet conditions. These boots are comfortable and durable, making them a fantastic choice of winter boot.
LOWA Ranger Thermo Boots
The LOWA Ranger Thermo Boots is a no-nonsense and easy to maintain military boot. Built to be hard-wearing and deliver high-performance, it is suitable for even the coldest of weather in the harshest environment. To ensure their wearer's feet will be kept warm and comfortable, the LOWA Ranger Thermo Boots have been made with Primaloft® thermal lining.
These are just a few of the LOWA boots on offer and whether you’re looking for a hardier boot for rough terrain or a more lightweight everyday boot, LOWA has a boot to fit your needs. Have a look at our whole range of LOWA military boots.